View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 T. T. T. 

Post T. T. T.
Fellow runners that means TURKEY
TROT
TIME

Yes! a little over three weeks it is. One of our clubs biggest turnouts for members and families. Which is why I am reaching out to all to seek out 2016 banner carriers. Over the years (2005 was the first year the Banner was carried, and it was the old one) we've had a good cross section of our club represented as Banner carriers. No special requirements are needed, just the willingness to have a good time, and cheer on the field of runners (including the ones that pass under our banner while running). 4 people is the perfect amount, 3 will also work, and 2 is the minimum. So if you plan on running, but not running for a PR, or running with the family, then come run with the Banner. We typically finish up around 30 mins, but we can move that back if needed. If interested then reply back to this message. We'll meet at the Gazebo around 8:30 AM on T'day morning. We always get a great picture there of all the participating club members, so please do stop by for that. Don't forget your HRH ware or anything green and white are good substitutes. Let's keep this tradition going. Hopefully we will finish before Miles Standish and his MAYFLOWER :)
Cheers
DS

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Post Re: T. T. T.
I'll carry the banner with you, Dennis! We just have to work out that little height disparity thing before we head out! :lol:

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 am

Lets all meet for a group photo before the race. The race is at 9:30am, so lets do the photo at 9am. Meet by the gazebo before the race, look for the banner.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Becca

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Fellow HRH Runners
The 24th Annual CEA Turkey Trot is now over, but lots of good fun will bring back lots of good memories, as it always does for this event, for years to come. In chatting with race director (Mike Skocek) I learned that 4,500 participants were registered as of this past Saturday, and that he expected the total to reach 6K by race time. What a crowd lining up, at the start, on Main Street. It looked like the end just about reached Church St. I wonder if this increase had anything to do with receiving a finishers medal ????
It's particularly nice to see all our club members out running/walking with their family members, particularly on this special day. I counted about 21 members at todays event. Hopefully most of you made it into the pre race picture?
Becca, Cyrena, Chris & Dave B. (from the board).
Carolyn, Rachael, Erin, Celia, Janet, Tim H., Jim H.,
Luke, Mike Stockel, Andy O., Frederick & Michelle.
(please forgive me if I missed anyone, and feel free to insert them).
A special thanx goes out to this years banner carriers.
Peggy, Ana, Mirrill, Ron, and myself.
A Happy T'Day to everyone.
CHeers
DS :D

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]