View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Goat Butt - June 12th 

Post Goat Butt - June 12th
Any other HRH signed up for any of the Goat Butt distances .. 10 mile, 50km or 50 mile ? I am entered in the 50 mile ... just a training run.

Fri May 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Post Re: Goat Butt - June 12th
Thanks for posting, but I've got enough goat butts in my life. ;)

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ~ Lou Holtz

Fri May 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Post Re: Goat Butt - June 12th
Classic mix up at this race. I had switched my entry from 50 mile to 50 km category. The way I read the instructions, 50 milers ran three laps, and 50 k was two laps. The two races started two hours apart, so the only 50 miler folk I saw were very slowest runners. I finished my second lap, and sat down to chat with race director and a few others sitting next to him. The other guys congratulated me on winning... I thought that strange as there were five 50km runners ahead of me...maybe they all stopped after one lap. Anyway the runners were fairly spaced apart, so had plenty of time to chat to RD. three other 50km runners came in and sat around eating just as I had. They were all runners I had passed in the last few miles. Before I left I asked RD for my time and he told me 5 hours 11min which I thought was a decent time for a 50k that was on a challenging course. Tonight RD calls me and says he did not get my time for one of my laps. Says he only has my time for two of the laps. I then explained I had switched my entry from 50 miler to 50 km, so only ran two laps. He then explains that both 50 k and 50 miler were 3 laps, but that 50 milers had an extra bit on each lap. I just told him to list me as a DNF. I guess I have to accept this as a lesson in better race preparedness.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]