View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Pie Run Update 

Post Pie Run Update
Good afternoon Hill Runners!

This is a reminder that our schedule this weekend will be a bit different from the norm. Instead of running from Echo Hill as a group at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, we’ll be running for pie and you don’t need to get to the park until 8:30 a.m. or so.

Here are the details:

The HRH Pie Run is intended to be a fun event, but can also be as competitive as you want it to be. The key is knowing your pace. The awards are in the form of… yep, you guessed it… pies!

Winners are not necessarily those who possess great speed, but rather those with the keenest sense of pace. This is a prediction run over a 10k route that begins and ends at Echo Hill Park. You must submit a time for your predicted finish in advance of the race, and no later than 8:30 AM on race day.

Oh yeah… just in case you’re wondering, absolutely no timing devices of any sort, including but not limited to watches, cell phones, GPS, etc. are allowed. Disregard of this rule will result in disqualification.

Remember, this is just for fun. Part of the fun is seeing how close you can come to your predicted finish time!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is the route?
A: It is a mostly flat course with a sprinkling of gentle hills. It is a loop that begins and ends at Echo Hill Park. You can access a map of the route at http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6473793.

Q: Where do I send my predicted time?
A: Please email me at Social@HRHNJ.org with the number of minutes and seconds you think it will take you to cover the route.

Q: When do I need to register?
A: BEFORE 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 21st.

Q: What if I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it?
A: Please send in your registration – if you don’t make it to the run, we’ll miss you, but it will be easier for our timing crew to delete your entry than to add it in at the last minute if it turns out you can attend and you haven’t already registered.

Q: Is there a fee for this event?
A: Nope – HRH dues cover the cost of the room rental, awards and refreshments!

Q: May I bring a guest?
A: HRH social events are typically reserved for dues paying members – they are one of the benefits of being a member! That said, if you want to bring a guest we will certainly welcome them! We’ll have a donation jar there so you can make a contribution on their behalf if you are inclined to do so.

Q: I’m not going to run on Saturday. Can I come anyway?
A: Yep – we can put you to work as part of the timing and refreshments crew!

Q: What time do I need to arrive at Echo Hill?
A: Please arrive no later than 8:40 a.m. to check in (we’ll be in the building), find out what time you’ll start your run, use the facilities, get a pre-run snack if you need something to eat or drink, and then head outside to see our first runner off!

Q: What time will the first runner start?
A: 9:00 a.m.

Q: What time will the event finish?
A: We’ll probably be done with our “awards ceremony” by 10:45 a.m.

Q: If I promise not to look at it, can I wear my watch/timing device while I run? I really want to be able to log my run.
A: Nope! You’ll have to log your time and distance without any mile splits!

Q: What kind of pies will be awarded to winners?
A: Good pies! At least one will be vegan.

Q: How many pies will be given out, and what are the award categories?
A: 4 pies – one each for the 1st place male, 2nd place male, 1st place female, and 2nd place female

Q: Is there anything else I should know about the Pie Run?
A: Yes! The first 20 HRH members who register to run with a predicted time and/or offer to volunteer will receive a special memento of the event. Of course, these folks must also show up on Saturday to receive their little gifts! So far the list includes Celia, Beverly, Anna, Kathy B., Colin, Rachel, Valerie, Frederick, Ed and Carolanne.

Q: Will there be more pie at our run on Sunday?
A: Only if you bring some with you. We’ll have our usual Club run on Sunday – we’ll meet at 8:00 a.m. and run from Lenape Park in Flemington.

Q: I have more questions about HRH and/or the Pie Run. Who should I contact?
A: Me (Susan Brookman). If I don’t have the answer(s) I’ll try to get them for you from other members of the HRH Board of Directors. Or I’ll make them up.

I hope to see you Saturday!

Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]