View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Clinton Country Run (water stations) 

Post Clinton Country Run (water stations)
Fellow Runners,
We are slightly more than 1-1/2 weeks away from the annual Clinton Country 5K & 15K race on Saturday 4/29. Once again we will be manning two refreshment stations out on the course. i.e. Stations 1 and 5. Independent of the water tables this year we are also making a request for a person to volunteer to bark out times to the runners as they pass the 4 mile mark (if interested please see previous note in the forum. Chris Franklin and I will handle all the logistics, but we do need bodies for handing out the water and gatorade, and some light cleanup afterward. This is absolutely a fun event which gives back, as well as cheering all the runners on (who knows, but you might even recognize a few). So if you're not busy on that Saturday morning please stop by to hoist a cup or two. Please reply to this post or on the clubs FACEBOOK post. Also wear your club gear, if you have, or club colors if you have not. We'll post more details later next week.
Cheers
DS :D

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Post Re: Clinton Country Run (water stations)
I will not be able to volunteer this year, but I have the other banner if you need it. Let me know.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:01 am

I received a call from John Lertola yesterday regarding the 4M timer position. I told him that I was confident that an HRH member could fill in for me this year. Don't prove me wrong! :P

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 am

Thanks to Susan Bogen, we now have a volunteer for the 4-mile split post.

We are still looking for a few more folks to help support the water tables. You don't have to be a member of HRH to lend a hand in this case. So if you are available next Saturday, 4/29 from 8:30 to 11:30 AM, or even just a portion of that time we will be glad to have you and/or anyone else you know.

Anybody know any high schoolers in need of service hours? Here's a golden opportunity for that.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:56 am

Fellow Runners
I still do NOT know who will be volunteering for our two water stations at the Clinton Country Run tomorrow? I have picked up all our supplies for tables 1 & 5, and Bev has picked up the supplies for the 4 mile mark which Susan Bogen will be manning. I have at least 75 gallons of water (it's gonna be a hot one tomorrow). I suspect some will want to do an early run, and park in the area of our water stops, do their run and come back to volunteer later. I'll be there by 8:30 starting to set up. I'll bring the HRH Banner, but i didn't get a chance to get the HRH flag from Cyrena (should someone want to stop by her place to get it. I believe Becca & Kathy Hale will be doing the 15K. I apologize if I missed any other club members name. All the best to all running either race. Don't forget to wear your club wear or green and white will be an acceptable substitute. This is always a fun day, and I hope to see many of you out there cheering the runners on.
Cheers
DS :D

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Way to go, HRH! Congrats to the following finishers in the 15K.

Allison Brown
Kathy Hale
Melanie Lenahan
Becca Mazzolla
Holly McDonald
Peggy Romeo
Ken Sanchez

Thank you, Susan Bogen, for supporting the 4-mile split post. Also thanks to those listed below for their help in supporting the water tables.

Dennis Schmatz
Dave Brown
Erin Fulton
Valerie Mathews
Tom McCaffrey
Mirril McMullen
Ron and Dorita Pawlikowski
Carolanne Tarby

We also picked up some very youthful assistance from three neighborhood boys. Everyone did a great job! Thanks again!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]