View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Power of Positivity 

Post The Power of Positivity
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that Cornell Thomas will be speaking next Wednesday evening in Hillsborough about “the power of positivity” for the non-profit group that Celia and another one of my friends (Melissa Almendinger) run with – Steps Together. Steps Together is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring our community to pay their blessings forward and support families facing a medical crisis.

Cornell is a dynamic, truly good human being (and an athlete, although not really a runner – he is a basketball phenom – or at least he was – and a mixed martial arts gym rat) who I became acquainted with when I worked with his wife at Raritan Headwaters Association. The program is free and I think it will be really great. I’m planning to go, and if you’d like to attend I’ll be happy to drive a carpool, although those of you who live south of 78 may prefer to head to Hillsborough directly.

Learn more about Cornell and the program at http://www.steps-together.org/cornell

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:36 am

Post Re: The Power of Positivity
Hi Susan, yes it's a small world as I crossed paths with your kind friend Melissa at the running team kickoff in probably 2013 and we realized we both knew you!

This is an easy drive out over Flemington via Amwell Road into Hillsborough and then pass over route 206 continue straight to Pheasant Landing on the left.
These get togethers are generally very informal and "no frills" (generally no snacks or bevs present)
The Pheasants Landing Restaurant is a generous team sponsor and "comps" a banquet room for Steps Together periodically for various things. The organization does not spend outside of beneficiary funding and rely on brochures and such being "sponsored" etc.
This motivational speaker is networking to share his messages of positivity and this will overlap with bringing awareness about the existence of Steps Together community. Most likely they will have some flyers and their first time ever 3 fold brochure out. Steps Together is 501c3 status since Feb 2013 if memory serves me correctly and IRS up to date. Making any employee corporate matching scenarios easy and valuably stretching donations further benefitting their worthy cause.
That being said, awareness is tantamount!
But any consideration to joining in their annual September 10K running team or team sponsorship for their team at The Steeplechase in Hillsborough is nice.

facebook.com/stepstogether

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]