View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sports Nutrition Seminar for HRH? 

Post Sports Nutrition Seminar for HRH?
What do you all think about having a Sports Nutrition Seminar? Michelle D. Wright MS, RD, CDE, CSSD, Registered Dietician/Nutritionist, would be happy to have us in her offices (2100 Wescott Drive, Flemington, NJ) for a seminar. We can give her some questions / ideas about what we would like to hear in advance (fueling before / during / after a marathon, for example) so that she can customize her lecture for us. Her fee is $200 - I think it would be a great use of some of our budget. We would just need to work with her to pick a date that is mutually convenient. Here is a little information about Michelle -

Michelle Wright is on the Rutgers Sports Medicine Staff and has been a registered dietitian at the Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management at Hunterdon Medical Center for the past 7 years. She is a board certified Sports Dietitian. Some of her counseling experience has included sports nutrition, eating disorders, diabetes, high cholesterol, and Obesity. She is also the sports dietitian for the Hunterdon Health and Wellness Center’s triathlon training program. Michelle received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at the University of Connecticut in in Allied Health and Health Promotion. During that time she worked as the campus dietitian for the students and faculty while doing research on weight loss and its effect on bone mineral density in young women. Some of her hobbies include swimming, biking, running, kayaking and singing. Each year she competes in several triathlon events.

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ~ Lou Holtz

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Post Re: Sports Nutrition Seminar for HRH?
I'm interested.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Sounds very interesting. Count me in as well.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:30 pm

I would be very interested in such a seminar, and agree that the club should foot the bill if enough members are interested in attending.

Her experience sounds perfect to provide helpful info to athletes of all abilities, especially if she had anything to do with the UConn womens' basketball program.

So please count me in.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 am

Great suggestion, Ed! I'm also planning to attend the seminar.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 am

Count us in as well.

Thank you.

Frederick & Michelle

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi All, looks like we are a go for the seminar. More details to follow, but I'd like to get moving on a date. Is there a Saturday or Sunday in March that is better for everyone? This weekend is too soon to put it together, but maybe the weekend after. Just not the 15th which is the night of the club dinner. Please let me know dates / times that work for you and I'll see what works best with Michelle's schedule.

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ~ Lou Holtz

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Is this open to non members?

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Members only, initially.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:30 am

I can attend if it's scheduled anytime on the last 2 weekends in March. Thanks for putting this together, Kathy!

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:54 am

What time of day were you thinking?

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 am

I'd like to attend, and could make it on any Saturday in March if it begins at 4:00 p.m. or later and any Sunday (at any time).

Thanks!

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:16 am

It sounds like the last two weekends in March aren't good for Michelle so we may end up in April with this. I'll let everyone know after I hear back from her.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:36 am

Any weekend starting with March 28-29 through April 11-12 is ok with me. After that you have race weekends: Boston Marathon on April 20, Clinton Township Country Run April 25, and St Luke's Half Marathon on April 26. Recommend the sooner the better depending on Michelle's availability.

Note April 4-5 might not be so good with Passover starting on Friday and Easter Sunday on the 5th.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Michelle never called me back with dates, so I just called her again. She isn't available weekends, but invited everyone to a sports nutrition talk that she is giving at the Flemington ShopRite on June 16th. It would be free for anyone that can make it.

Sorry it didn't work out. :(

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next