View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Unbroken 

Post Unbroken
Anyone else interested in seeing Unbroken?

I'll probably see it tomorrow most likely in Pohatcong. Have read mostly good about it. Based on actual events of the main character, who prior to WWII became an Olympic runner. Not really a movie about running, but is certainly included as part of the story.

Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Post Re: Unbroken
Chris,

Was the movie good? I'm holding off on seeing it until I finish reading the book, which has been excellent so far.

Valerie

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Post Re: Unbroken
Valerie,

The movie was good, but (even though I haven't read it yet) I'm sure the book is better. Hindsight being 20/20, I would say the movie is worth watching, but certainly not necessary to rush out to see it in a theater.

As I'm sure the book indicates, this is a true story about one's will and determination to survive. Although the main character was an Olympic class distance runner, Unbroken is definitely not a story about running. I think that while most of the story line is based on events that took place during WWII, it can (in a way) also be thought to resemble a metaphor of what we are capable of given the proper motivation, focus and intestinal fortitude.

I thought the direction seemed to gloss over some portions more than necessary, and conversely do the reverse on others. It was fairly well-acted though, and includes some decent action as well. Considering it was over two hours, I was never bored.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]