View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dave Faherty 

Post Dave Faherty
Dave Faherty, a long-time friend and honorary member of HRH, passed away yesterday after suffering with pancreatic cancer.

As kind a soul as I've ever encountered, Dave and wife Judy were extremely gracious and welcoming hosts to what became an annual winter tradition. Each February, members of HRH were invited to join with fellow Sneaker Factory runners to traipse through the cold and sometimes snowy conditions from their home. The runs were customarily followed by spending time indulging in a decadent spread, including the eagerly-anticipated scones homemade by Judy, as well as brilliant conversations, and usually a dip in the hot tub.

While there are memories that can be cherished forever, the Fahertys are to be revered for more than what they represent to the local running community. They were extremely devoted to each other. Deepest sympathies go out to Judy, family and their close friends.

There's a lot more to the story of Dave Faherty, but I cannot do it any more justice than this article written over nine years ago by former HRH President Bruce Marshall.
http://www.hrhnj.org/Files/Readington%20Runs%20-%20Jan%2008.pdf

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Post Re: Dave Faherty
Sad news, indeed. I had recently heard that Dave was ill. I have fond memories of our times at The Faherty's. He shall be missed.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:31 am

Thanks Chris. I heard about the news yesterday, and immediately thought of all the fond memories. Thanks for posting the link to the newspaper article I wrote some years ago. He was my hero and inspiration.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:24 am
Profile WWW

Additional information about Dave and his amazing life:
http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports ... 725040001/

There will be a celebration of his life at a future date.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Here is Dave's obit in today's Star Ledger. The celebration of his life will be 10/22. It would be nice if we could have a presence there.
http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/starledg ... =186884304

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]